Sunday, January 01, 2017

I'm back!

It's been quite a while since my last blog post, April 2015 in fact, when I was finishing my first trip to Nepal. Since then, I've had another stint out here between December 2015-April 2016, and I arrived for my third visit in November 2016. I had been leaving the blogging to the NQTs, but now sadly Hannah has had to cut her placement short, so I'll take over the blogging duties.


I want to start by thanking Hannah for her fantastic efforts during her three months here. She put on some great teacher training with Barbara and modelled some excellent teaching practice in school for local staff. She will be missed by the children here, but we all wish her the best. 




Over the next few months, I'll be continuing the teacher training programme and school visits, as well as establishing libraries at 6 of our schools. I've also been working with the (very excellent) Steve Sinnott Foundation to explore the possibility of establishing a learning resource centre. Alongside all that, I'm planning to start Nepali lessons soon, so it promises to be a very busy few months! 



There is a lot to get done during this 2017, but I'm thrilled and excited for the challenge. A very happy new year to everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment